Saturday 20 September 2014

Summer round-up

It's so long since I last posted that I feel like I have missed a great swathe of things I meant to talk about and now it feels too late. All the summer highs and the odd low seem distant memories and we have moved onto the next stage - that of Autumn and harvest.

But there were so many bits of summer that were heavenly that they must be marked so here is a swift(ish) summer roundup.

1. Lunch at the Vicarage in St Clements. 
They planted their garden from scratch last year and it's doing so well, the perfect accompaniment to a delicious lunch (but no ducks like last time)






Gorgeous Hydrangeas and heavenly views.
(more to come on 2 and 3 soon!)




Fascinating, we really need another visit - there is just so much to see - over 50 rooms!!

4. First harvest


...and the points from the Truro judges are: Rainbow Beetroot 10 points, Carrots nul points (again!)

5. Holiday in Crete 
Dried seedheads, beach wonders and mile upon mile of swaying silvery Olive Trees!
I did manage to post from Crete a couple of times, it's amazing how easy it is when the only other things you have to do is lie in the sun, read and eat!


6. Barbara Hepworth Garden


One of my favourite places in Cornwall, the perfect mixture of art and nature, peaceful and calm but also massively inspirational. I would love my garden, studio and artworks to be just like this. I don't think that's unreasonable, do you?

7. Photoshoot in a beachside garden in Porthtowan
Lovely pots full of stripy succulents on a glorious sunny day with the very best sea view.


That's just some of the garden related highlights of the summer, blimey it's been a busy one!
Onwards and upwards and into the Autumn, the seasons wait for no woman. There is a mountain of work in the garden waiting to be tackled and everything is as dry as a bone. I'm already a bit late on the seed sowing for next year and I haven't got my spring bulbs ordered so I best get on.







No comments:

Post a Comment