Thursday 1 October 2015

New bloomers!

At the beginning of the year I started a 'new bloomers' strand to the blog. Nothing to do with my underwear drawer, the plan was to increase the flowers in my garden throughout the yearly planting something new in bloom every month.
 The last time I posted a new bloomer was in April/May, which doesn't mean that I haven't bought anything since, obviously not, that would be ridiculous!!!!

My August purchase was a Buddleia, and no it isn't planted out yet. The spot I wanted it for has been over-run by lovely Linaria Canon Went so the new bloomer is waiting patiently for some clearing and a spot of redesigning to happen, and blooming nicely all the while.


Buddleia davidii 'Petite Tutti Frutti', a dwarf version but just as popular with the bees!

Septembers new bloomers are a lovely bunch:


Japanese Anemone 'Prince Henry'


Agastache (could be Blue Boa but the label fell out in the purchase frenzy)...


and another Rudbeckia, which strictly doesn't count as I already have one so it isn't a new bloomer, but this is a shorter variety and I just can't get enough of it's sunny faces!

So far half the new bloomers are planted, just two to go, oh, and the seedlings from the spring to pot up, the perennials to cut back, bulbs to buy/plant, hundreds of things to prune/clear/control/tie in/remove... STOP! and breathe... cup of tea first I think!


No comments:

Post a Comment