Wednesday 14 March 2018

Spring's back!!


These photographs were taken exactly 2 weeks apart.

It's amazing how well everything has recovered!


My Clematis Armandii started flowering 3 weeks ago. 

This is how it looked 3 weeks ago...


weighed down with flowers and buds...


and shoots reaching skyward.




Then came the snow...


I was heartbroken, the whole thing slumped. I didn't even have the heart to take more photographs.


And now?



It's recovering amazingly. Some bits had to be removed and some flowers are browned and battered when you look closely. But overall it looks like nothing ever happened!



It is reaching for the sky again...



 and covering the unattractive extension perfectly. 
(Don't look at the other things in that bed, tidying and cutting back are desperately needed.)



Not so sure about this though...


my sad Wigelia. I think there are signs of life but I shall have to wait and see.

My shrubby white Phlomis is deeply miserable too...


only time (and a hefty chop back) will tell.



But altogether not too bad a casualty list for -6 degrees and 2 days of snow - almost unheard of down here.


I rather like the snowy version, it's a bit like when the christmas lights are up in my house and everything looks magical. Then you take them down and remember how tatty your house is and how much there is to do!!!!

Heigh ho - best get on with it.


-x😀x-




SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment