Monday 2 April 2018

Happy Easter!

I'm a little belated and very much overfed but Happy Easter to you all. I hope you are having a joyous time with people you love, doing lots of lovely stuff or nothing at all - whichever you prefer.

We've been doing both (not at the same time obviously). I've had hectic moments of organising and cooking and peaceful moments of nothing much spent with my husband and teens (they've been very accommodating of Mum's Easter fuss - hardly any eye rolling at all!)

One of my busy moments was decorating the house with flowers - they make such a difference. So here's what I found in my garden:



Berberis


Hellebores and Clematis Armandii in my new Mother's Day vase.


Narcissi, Hellebores, Daffodils, Forget-me-nots, Muscari, Euonymus, Primroses and Clematis Armandii, all set off with sparkly carrots, fluffy, wobbly chicks and yummy mini eggs (not from my garden, more from my cupboard!)


Just lovely - they set me in the Easter mood.

Which continued in the kitchen...


My first attempt at Hot Cross Buns - not entirely successful as they weren't cooked through to the centre. I used a tin the size the recipe required but they were very squished together and came out as 1 enormous bun with a soggy centre.

The addition of chocolate chips was a bonus though - I'll try again but just spread them out more. Oh and I forgot to glaze them - too eager to start eating!


Then Easter Saturday evening saw us driving west to Geevor Mine to see the Man Engine Resurrection Tour afterdarker (an apt title for Easter I thought). A 12 metre tall mechanical puppet, the Man Engine tells the story of Cornish mining and miners, with music, pyrotechnics, pasties and Cornish beer! The tour started at Geevor but will travel nationally - to Devon, Somerset, Wales, Shropshire and Yorkshire and places in-between. 

If it comes near you I would highly recommend it - it's a great show and a marvellous thing.
Find out more here


What fun!

Enjoy the rest of whatever Easter break you have planned.
I'm off to attack the EU chocolate mountain that seems to have appeared in my sitting room!





-xxx-



No comments:

Post a Comment