Wednesday 3 July 2013

Huge excitement!

I have my first mange tout to harvest! Now this might not sound very impressive to those of you who are seasoned allotment owners, but to those of us with a 6ft raised veg bed that managed to raise almost nothing last year, it's pretty exciting! Not only do I have one fully formed and ready to harvest mange tout (the variety is Kennedy), but I have lots of flowers, more than enough for a whole bowl full of mange tout pretty soon.



My onions are looking pretty good too, they are pretty near to being ready.

My garlic, broccoli, and green beans (Cobra) are coming on well, and my lettuces (Ice King) are up (but don't tell the slugs).

The only thing I'm not sure about is my Florence fennel, it seems to be growing upwards rather than outwards, perhaps I should harvest one and see what it tastes like. In the end the taste is more important than the look!

Right I'm off to eat my one mange tout in private and savour every nibble!

No comments:

Post a Comment