Tuesday 7 January 2014

A Daisy! year in pictures

2013 is the first full year of the Daisy! blog and I got to thinking about what we've seen over the year. There have been great trips, fantastic plants and lots of tea and chat. So while the weather is trapping us indoors, and the seed catalogues rendering me unable to make a sensible decision, I though I would put together a review in pictures. One for each month is the aim - so 12 shots to sum up the year. Here goes!


January - Hamamelis mollis brightening up Jayne's garden. My garden is still a bit devoid of colour this time of year - must try harder!

February - My lovely new Hellebores bought on the first trip to Bosvigo Garden for Hellebore Day - and they're coming out again now! Looking forward to this years trip, I'm expecting to come away with even more!

March - my latest attempt at beautiful SnakesheadFritillaries, planting in the green. I'm waiting to see if they reappear!

April - The beginning of the NGS year for me and a visit to Polgwynne, Feock where the spring flowers were late but stunning.

May - the Iris of Florence and a fantastic trip around the gardens of the area with my lovely Mum. A stunning and inspirational highlight of my gardening year.

June - the tropical planting on a trip to the Minack Theatre, Cornwall. The start of a great summer!

July - and trip 2 of 4 to lovely Bosvigo Gardens - a gorgeous sunny spot (I wish it was mine!)

August - my favourite Echinacea looking glorious at Quarry Bank Mill, Styal in Cheshire on a summer trip North.

September - the month for the best raspberries on Jayne's allotment, delicious! It was a good year for fruit and vegetables with everything except my Florence Fennel doing well.

October - a blustery, stormy trip to London with stunning autumnal colours vivid against the storm clouds.

November - the coast of Cornwall is a constantly varying landscape that inspires all year round, and never more so than in it's bare, stripped back, winter garb.

December - and the plants we've nurtured all year come inside and decorate the house for the festive season. The wealth of greenery available is stunning.

So there it is, the year in 12 pictures. So much has been missed out and there is so much still to do - going back through posts serves as a reminder of what we planned and achieved and also what we planned and forgot about. Time to stop looking back and look forward now. Thank you for following us so far and do stay with us and let us know what you think, this year should be even better.

Now, first job of 2014 - plant garlic - only 3 months late!!













No comments:

Post a Comment