Thursday 30 January 2014

Hurrah!

Huge excitement as I went to empty the kitchen scraps pot into the compost bin this morning!


Now this may not look like grounds for huge celebration and back slapping but this is my clump of Snake Head Fritillaries. Planted last year in the green (after copious numbers have been planted over the years as dry bulbs) they are back. However I will try not to get too ahead of myself - there is a long way to go before the lovely flowers appear and all sorts of things could happen (particularly weather related). 

Talking of which, why on earth did I plant them so close to the path to the compost bin? Large footed individuals stomping around in the evening could easily squash them. I think I will be moving them after they have flowered, and then I can add to them too. Oooo, I can feel a shopping spree coming on!

No comments:

Post a Comment