Friday 6 June 2014

Floral Friday

As I rushed past my garden this morning (which is happening a lot at the moment) I had to stop and admire a part of my sunny bed that has suddenly come together and that makes me happy!

My pleasing combination is Heuchera Liquorice, Geranium sanguineum and Allium Roseum with a touch of Purple Sage in the fore ground, Allium Christophii and a very small French Lavender further back, and right at the back is a Cardoon and Dark Honeysuckle rampaging through a Philadelphus which is not yet flowering. Sadly the Iris's that are half way back on the right are over now, but the Allium Christophii are taking over from them.

 And then behind this combination there are some purply annual Poppies on the way - can't wait!

Geranium sanguineum (spot the rouge orange Poppy)

Heuchera Liquorice and Allium Roseum

Allium Roseum with Allium Christophii behind

Allium Christophii

 Allium Roseum

So that brightened my day, and I can't wait to see what happens next.





2 comments:

  1. Allium roseum is a stunner! I should really have another go at growing them.. if only our mice weren't partial to them too :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roseum is the Allium that throws best for me, and it self seeds. The Christophii I have to replace every 3 yrs or so. Thankfully I don't have a mouse problem, and the slugs that ransack my garden don't seem partial to the onion family!!! Hurrah!

      Delete