Friday 18 July 2014

Time for an outing!

It's that time of year again, there are visitors to entertain and they are the perfect excuse to trip off to Bosvigo Gardens. One of my favourite local gardens, it has been featured in a few magazines recently and quite rightly. It was my first visit this summer (I went 5 times last year - that's how much I like it) and once again it didn't disappoint.


Clematis and Black Sambucus against the wall in the walled garden, with Phlox and spires of Lythrum in front. 

Beautiful pale pink Monarda


        Dahlia, Penstemon and Lythrum behind             Monarda with Geranium and Salvia in front


with Dahlia and Phlox in front of Lythrum.


Pelargoniums, Fuchsias and Begonias in the conservatory - a perfect place to sit!


Yellow, blue and white Vean Garden.


Spires of yellow Ligularia in the background with clipped Euonemus and Shasta Daisies and an unidentified gorgeous variegated leafed plant in front.


Lush shady corner.


Fiery Monarda with tropical orange Ligularia in the Hot Garden.


Dark, rich Sedum.


Dahlias perfectly placed in the Hot Garden.


A lovely perennial geranium in the Woodland Garden.


Yew hedge supporting a scrambling Tropaeolum.


Massed Geraniums in front of the house...


with beautiful old Roses.

So many lovely things and so inspirational.
Mum arrives next week so I can feel a return visit coming on already!




2 comments:

  1. I really love the blue, yellow and white.
    The hot colours are good too. I've never been that keen on dahlias, but bought two yesterday. Either the warm weather is getting to me or it's my age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough I felt the same about dahlias but have bought two this year too. I was partly inspired by seeing the ones at Bosvigo last year. I bought mine a couple of months ago so can't blame the heat, I think it might be an age thing!

      Delete