Monday 22 February 2016

Missed it!

Last weekend was the lovely Bosvigo Hellebore Day, an annual event that I have visited religiously for the last 3 years. This year I missed out. With the rush of work, half term and teenage revision I completely forgot and have deprived myself of my yearly Hellebore fix.

I love Hellebores and have a few now - many bought at Bosvigo Hellebore Day, so I thought I would round up my own Hellebores as a (very poor) substitute to my usual exciting post.


Dark Bosvigo Double...


...which has spread beautifully in the 2 years it's been in.


Pale pink Bosvigo Speckle which was very snail affected this year - grrrr...


Pink Bosvigo veined double, tall and graceful...


...with dark buds which fade to paler centred flowers.


 Single dark Hellebore that came from my Mum's garden which spreads naturally and flowers prolifically.



Oh what a surprise, it's raining again! But the droplets do look beautiful on the Hellebore petals.


My white Hellebore is very short and always a bit tatty, being so close to the ground means it's close to the slugs and snails too.

To see some of my previous trips to Bosvigo Hellebore Days visit here, and here, although on reflection if you do my offerings will look even more sad!

It also shows that the two Hellebores I bought last year haven't flowered this year! There are leaves appearing but I can't see any sign of flowers, but I remain hopeful.



No comments:

Post a Comment