Saturday 8 April 2017

Bursting forth!

My favourite daffodil is out and smelling divine.



My little species tulips are back after two years absence.
I must work on my labelling though!

  


I also need to work on my colour combos, these are my glorious Florentine red and yellow stripes tulips which will go beautifully with the random purples and blues already surrounding the Fig tree - NOT! 
This pot needs really sorting. I keep thinking that it lacks colour so add to it every year completely forgetting whats already in there. Result = eye screeching moments of colour and usually nothing in between!



It seems to be a good year down here for old Tulips - I didn't plant any last autumn but I still seem to be having quite a show. These white ones didn't flower last year but are back.

The moral of the story - never write off a tulip! 
(Although I can't see hide nor hair of my Angelique - fingers crossed)



The Pear tree is in full bloom and popular with the bees...


and the the Cherry is on it's way...



about to burst forth.



The Camassias look to be going to have their best year yet (if I can keep them upright and snail free)...



and I now have three clumps of Snakeshead Fritillary, that's three clumps not just three plants - I know and it's only taken ten years!



On the productive side, the bed at the bottom has been weeded. Having cleared it and pruned everything violently in the autumn the remaining plants are doing well - almost as well as the weeds were! The snails and slugs are about though, so I shall have to be vigilant - the Hostas are coming through!!!


Now to make plans for unachievable DIY and gardening tasks for the Easter weekend which will include disappointing trips to jam-packed DIY and gardening emporiums.

It's what Easter is all about!


No comments:

Post a Comment