Friday 12 December 2014

Feeling seedy?

Dashing through the garden today intent on another Christmas induced panic shopping spree, I just about noticed some lovely seediness.

Spotty pompoms of Japanese Anemone...


 that burst into puffs of snowy fluff!


Twiggy brown Libertia seed heads.


Oriental looking pagodas of Hosta seeds...


and the spikiest of Acanthus seed heads.


Now the question is do I want all these plants seeding all over the garden? The Hosta seeds never seems to germinate, and Acanthus is good for filling a shady spot but doesn't grow strongly in my garden. The Japanese Anemones do grow and these are the dark pink, less rampant ones so I would like some more of those. Libertia seedlings I heave out by the arm load every spring so I would quite less of those, not that there is anything I can do about any of this. 

As usual things will grow when and wherever they want, usually in the most inappropriate place, despite my efforts to encourage or prevent them.

Which is a roundabout way of justifying the complete lack of gardening action there is in my garden at the moment! 

Now, back to the panic shopping - I NEED a snowflake biscuit cutter NOW!




No comments:

Post a Comment