Sunday 30 November 2014

Ahhh the smell of the self righteous!

This time of year gardeners are never short of a bottomless to-do list, and I am no exception. So a fine November afternoon looked good for a bit of list busting. However last week there was a bit of recycling related uproar from Him Indoors. After a particularly long day he was attempting to put out the glass and plastic recycling which is stored in my potting shed and fell foul of my organisational deficiency (there was so much stuff in the way he couldn't even get to it!).

So today I put on my tidying head and tackled the shed. And an hour or two later it is clear and looks positively spacious. The frost tender pots are in and there is still floor space...


(this does beg the question - what was all that junk???).

The Canna Lily that was sprawling in a sack whilst it died back and dried out is now potted up.


Having an ordered and tidy shed set me on the path of neatness so I cleaned and oiled some of my tools, with the result that my shed is now tidy and has the smell of the self righteous gardener - that of WD40!


Are they unplanted bulbs in the trug in the background, I hear you ask? Indeed they are, my new trug has had bulbs awaiting attention in it since it arrived a month ago, but now look at it.


Not content with cleaning and polishing, I also finished planting my bulbs! They are all finally in the ground and it is still November - hurrah, that's a first for me! What an afternoon, I feel like I have more than earned my cup of tea and biscuit and Him Indoors...


Well, he can not only see the recycling bins, he can extract them without negotiating dormant plants, buckets and 42,000 small plastic pots (approx number, I stopped counting after 12ish!)




2 comments:

  1. I have a shed just like it... before the clearing out that is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very proud of my tidy shed, but I have a feeling it won't take long to revert to its' natural state!!!

      Delete