Tuesday 20 January 2015

Resolutions - not for me!

Whilst completing one of my Christmas presents...


(note the green, nondescript bits were the only bits left to do - it's a RHS Chelsea Winner jigsaw so quite big on green bits). Anyway, whilst I was doing this I pondered the whole New Years resolution issue. Every year I make them and every year I break them sometimes even before I start. Last year I pontificated about not making resolutions and then sort of did - I decided to take on the plant per week challenge on the blog. Those sharp eyed readers amongst you will note that I only got up to 32, which means that 20 weeks were plantless! EPIC FAIL as my teens would say!

So when I read this lovely blog I thought I might try this approach and find a word that might inspire me for the year.

So what do we think the word might be?

I like the idea of 'more'. More gardening, more cake, more chatting, more fun, more time, more crochet, more sketching, more lazing, more wine. But perhaps it would mean more paperwork, more hassle, more moodiness, more cleaning, more slugs!

Maybe it should be 'extra', like extra special or maybe 'do' because I need to stop planning, thinking and talking about stuff and get on and do it.

Then I thought of 'stop' to encourage me to appreciate things more - stop and look, stop and enjoy, stop and listen/smell/think. But then again stop could be quite negative. So maybe 'pause' would be better but that just makes me sound like a cassette tape (showing my age there - ouch!)

This is not much easier than the whole resolution thing!

And then I read another blogger who has decided to buy a plant in bloom every month to add colour to her garden and I decided that the only thing I have a hope of sticking to is some retail therapy. Perhaps I should give up trying to be 'deep' and embrace my inner shallow shopper!

Right where's my purse!

(And just to prove that I did finish the tedious green bits)





No comments:

Post a Comment