Friday 6 September 2013

Snapshot of the garden

On wandering through my garden yesterday, I thought I would record what caught my eye.
1 Echinacea Purpurea
My favourite - I will have white ones too by this time next year!
2 Anemone
I love these slightly darker pink flowers, I have the pale ones too, but these are less thug-like (although I have got one or two extra clumps this year).
3 Hydrangea
A bit municiple but this bush gives great value and just goes on and on whatever you do to it.
4 Jasmine Officinale
Still flowering and has been ever since June. Definitely it's best season ever!
5 Convolvulus Star of Yalta
Hasn't stopped since June either, it's about 7ft high and rather ragged now but still flowering and producing seed fit to bust (see previous post)
6 Jasmine Clotted Cream
Again still flowering. This Jasmine didn't have a great initial flush of flowers like the white, but it has flowered consistently throughout the summer and is more lush and voluptuous. Both smell divine!
7 Lysimachia
Lovely arching blooms, this spreads where it wants to go, which usually means not where you want it. Every spring I spend a bit of time moving new shoots, and then you get lovely drifts of white in mid to late summer.
8 Verbena Rigida
So pretty, and the flowers have lasted so well. I also have Verbena Bonariensis flowering which is also lovely but much taller and a darker purple.

So my plan is to add to the Echinaceas, with some White Swan as I mentioned, and I would like some more Verbena, both Rigida and Bonariensis.

Now all I have to do is decide what to get rid of - perhaps I should take some pictures of things not doing well. Mind you, by and large the things that are doing really, really badly have disappeared!

No comments:

Post a Comment