Monday 30 September 2013

Mists and Mellow Fruitfullness

Not a lot has happened in the garden over the last few days due to persistant drizzle and general dampness, I just couldn't motivate myself to brave it.

However last week there was a heavy, heavy dew followed by clearer weather so I went out to wander around my domain. There were a couple of things that were so lovely I had to charge back into the house and fetch my better half to share them. He is conveniently a professional photographer and I thought I would share the gorgeous images he took.

Bronze Fennel seed heads

Weeping Bronze Sedge (Carex)

At this time of seasonal change, dieing back and clearing it is worth remembering that just leaving things alone can give you some beautiful interest in your garden. The Sedge is messy and unkempt and the Fennel has finished shedding it's seeds and is somewhat in the way so it would have been easy to trim, prune and tidy up. But then we would have missed how magical they looked on Saturday.

Now there's an argument for lazy gardening if ever I heard one. I knew I'd manage to find a justification for doing nothing if I looked hard enough!

Thank you for the lovely images.




No comments:

Post a Comment