Wednesday 11 September 2013

Jayne's Ravishing Raspberries!

A lovely lunchtime was spent today down on Jayne's (the other half of the Daisy! duo) allotment. I have to admit that I was rather distracted from the other very impressive vegetables by the raspberries. The row of bushes was groaning with fruit and it was a little difficult to concentrate on anything else - well it was lunchtime! Luckily I was there to help with the picking - YUM!


There were also lettuces, beetroot, courgettes (green and golden), sweetcorn, beans and carrots to pick and squashes and pumpkins to check on, oh and a Cabbage White Butterfly to chase out of the Purple Sprouting Broccoli net - ggrrrr! (see previous post)



All of them were fab (luckily I managed to come home with a bag full) and it made me feel quite inferior with my little garden patch. However my leeks look much like Jayne's although possibly a little more snugly planted, and my beans have been as good, there's just a little less picking space. But sadly I don't have space for a row of raspberry canes so I shall just have to keep offering to help on the allotment (at least until the raspberry season is over)!



No comments:

Post a Comment