Sunday 15 September 2013

Stop me if I've said this before...

This weekend we took a visit to Bosvigo Gardens... STOP! No really, I know I've said it before but it is the most lovely garden so I thought you might be interested to see how it has faired over the summer. 

The House looked as lovely as ever with mounds of blue Ceratostigma and a delicate yellow clematis scrambling through the other climbers on the front.


The walled garden was STILL filled with colour, with the Dahlias blaring through the mizzle and the cloudy Thelictrums softening the effect. Acteas with their gracefully white spikes against their dark leaves, and pale Stocks lightened the gloom of the day.

The shady area looked beautiful as ever, coloured almost entirely by variegated foliage.


And the hot garden almost cancelled out the now quite determined rain, with it's bright pom pom Dahlias, dark Lobelias, fiery Crocosmia and sunny Rudbekia.


 And a stunning dark and ragged Dahlia with the rain dropping from it's spikey petals.


If only the weather had been more co-operative it would have been lovely to sit and soak in the atmosphere, and I found the perfect place.


Sadly there would have been plenty of soaking involved but not of the atmosphere!

So now Bosvigo Gardens is fully endorsed by my Mother-in-Law, Husband, Mother and friends. I might even try taking the teenagers some time - or maybe that would be a visit too far!






No comments:

Post a Comment