Sunday 6 October 2013

My tree is better than your tree!



Now here is a bit of mellow fruitfulness! 
Mind you the emphasis isn't so much on the mellow and more on the mad fruitfulness. 

This is a Conference Pear and the lucky owner puts down her success to liberal doses of chicken poo! It puts my own Pear harvest see post to shame really, my 6 were all eaten pretty much at one sitting in a frenzy of pear related hysteria! This harvest will need some thought:  Sticky Pear and Ginger Cake, Pear and Cranberry Pies, Spiced Cranberry and Pear Relish, Pear and Chocolate Pudding, Pear and Toffee Muffins, Roast Pork with Pear Sauce. These recipes can all be found on BBC Good Food, I can't vouch for them all because I haven't tried them but they sound quite fabulous and now I'm starving!

Right, I'm off to find me a flock of chickens in preparation of next year, and to try and persuade this lucky tree owner to hand over a few of her pears. I can't possibly wait a year to try Sticky Pear and Ginger Cake, ooh and there's a Mulled Cranberry and Pear Punch to wash it down!


No comments:

Post a Comment