Wednesday 19 October 2016

Autumn Visits - Eden

In an attempt to catch up with myself I thought I'd document one of our bright autumn outings on this dull,dull day. I have so many photos of gorgeous places visited this year that I haven't managed to post yet (purely because I'm too disorganised) so it's about time I got on with it!

Back in September the destination was Eden. We go quite regularly, they have a great locals policy and when the children were smaller we would go about once a month. Now it's down to 2-3 times a year, but it never disappoints. 

It was in full bloom with fantastic layers of colour out in the Cornish sunshine, perfect for autumn visitors...

             

Verbenas, Sunflowers, Rudbeckias, Cosmos, Cannas, but very little sign of Agapanthus seed heads which bore out my experience this year. The Agapanthus I have in the ground didn't flower at all - first time that's ever happened!

             

Layer upon layer of floral loveliness, not to mention veggie loveliness too.

And plenty of exotica in the biomes.

             

Even the odd exotic friend!


and some not so exotic ones! ;-)


Then back outside to the Dahlias!

             

Concerned I had peaked with Dahlias after my recent visit to the National Collection (read about that here), I approached with caution - but I needn't have worried they still blew me away.





Desperately trying to relive our holiday the Mediterranean Biome.


(more of that anon too, the holiday I mean, not the desperation!)




No comments:

Post a Comment