Thursday 26 March 2015

A Plan (but not necessarily a cunning one)!

I have a plan! I have felt that my posting has been a little directionless recently, not helped by the fact that although spring has definitely sprung it's still freezing out there and the mountain of new season work is just not very inviting. 
As I was decluttering the other day I came across a beautiful children's book by Brian Wildsmith called Birds. It was mine when I was little (my Mum has fantastic taste - no Disney Princess's for me!) and I still love it, the illustrations are just beautiful.


Brian Wildsmith illustrates his birds in groups and uses collective words for the groups. Some are well known like a colony of penguins but some are not...



So I got to thinking, could I come up with some collective terms for different flowers. Turns out I could and so I am putting together my'Feast of Flowers'. It's bound to catch on, it'll be viral in seconds - or it will at least keep me happy for a while!

Sadly my illustration skills aren't up to Mr Wildsmiths standards so I'll stick to photographing my subjects and as the garden springs into life inspiration is coming to me daily. It's amazing when you see a flower how terms suggest themselves, so I have made a start.

A Cocktail of Camelias




Sadly none of them were in my garden but many of them were in Jayne's and the rest were in the 3 minute walk between our houses!

Also on the way home...


I know there's only one of him but if he had a friend they could be a snooze of cats, or maybe a mooch of moggies?




No comments:

Post a Comment