Tuesday 31 March 2015

This month's new acquisition

I found myself at the local garden centre with a cunning plan in my head for Easter presents this weekend. The plan didn't come off so I wandered around looking for a consolation prize and candidate for something in flower to add to my garden. I'm trying to do this every month and so far have planted Snowdrops and Cyclamen Coum in January, Hellebores in February and I thought that March (now spring has sprung) would be easy. 
However I was surprisingly uninspired. Most of the things there were things I already had or things that I wanted but weren't in flower yet. 

So in the end I went for these and I am very pleased with them.

 Iberis sempervirens or perennial Candytuft


These are prolifically flowering rockery plants. Apparently they grow into 'bushlets'. I rather like the idea of bushlets.



These are evergreen and 2 different varieties, a dark leaved 'Appen Etz' and a golden leaved 'Golden Candy'.
I'm hoping they will act as a reliable and floriferous base for other plants.

And then I found this...


A beautiful white Fritillaria meleagris. It is small and needs nurturing, I found it at the back of a tray and part of it is growing horizontally due to being squashed by some Tulip thugs, but it is lovely and definitely my March star buy. 
Wish me luck nursing it back to health.

No comments:

Post a Comment