Thursday 21 November 2013

Brave Bloomers for November!

Well the threatened frosts didn't appear down in Truro this week. We had hail and cold winds, but no frosts, and I'm relieved. All my recent planting in the garden needs a little time to settle before I can view frosts in a relaxed way. The lack of frost also means that some of the brave blooms still showing their unseasonal faces are still going strong.


Dazzling Schizostylis which now seems to be called Hesperantha


Creeping Campanula


Magenta Geranium




Bedding Brachyscome


Delicate Saxifrage

These plants don't just have the odd leftover flower, they have a number of flowers and even some buds. They are mostly on at least their third round of flowering and some started in May! That's what I call value for money (especially as three of them were free from my Mum, one was inherited, one a gift and only the Brachyscome was purchased in the usual way!) 

Long may they last as they bring a splash of colour to my tired garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment