Sunday 3 November 2013

More Mellow Fruitfulness!

I've already done a post entitled Mists and Mellow Fruitfulness but to be honest that was mainly mists and a little light on the fruit. So I thought I would redress the balance and post some more fruitfulness. On a half term break to London last week I was struck, as I wandered around, by how many berries there were and how plentiful. Here are some of the brightest fruits I saw.


Flaming Pyracantha (probably Orange Glow)


The Holly is ready for Christmas already!


Yew


Snowy Pernettya berries.


Carpets of Catoneaster Horizontalis


Jolly yellow Pyracantha (probably Soleil d'Or)

Now, some people say that lots of berries predicts that we are going to have a hard winter. I think that actually it tells us what a great summer we have had, a wet spring and warm summer - perfect for fruit production. Either way the birds and wildlife shouldn't go hungry this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment