Wednesday 13 November 2013

Digging!


After a morning staring at a computer screen I decided that it was time for a bit of fresh air, and as the rain stopped yesterday I thought I would venture out to my shady bed and get to work. We've taken out the worst of the roots from the tree we had taken out (although every time I dig I seem to find more) and now I'm moving the few things left in the bed around and digging over what is left.

I have to admit, the digging was heavy going, my soil is quite heavy down there and it is at the bottom of a sloping garden, so was quite damp after all the recent rain (specially now the tree is gone). But the good news is that the digging is almost over now. Next will be the soil improving (lots of home made compost and chicken poo pellets) and then the planting - Hurrah!


Now all I have to do is clean all my tools and my boots -  but maybe a I'll have a quick cuppa first!


No comments:

Post a Comment